Saturday, April 28, 2007

Some random thoughts.....

Yesterday I watched from my window a march by Islamic protesters in support of six Muslims arrested in London earlier this week.
Muslims Stage Demo Outside Police Station

Seeing the demo with placards supporting the implementation of "Sharia law" in Britain, I was reminded of a story on the BBC News channel this week about the recent police crackdown in Iran on poor Islamic dress (Iran has a a strict interpretation of the Sharia law).
Crackdown in Iran over dress codes

Now if I visited countries like Iran that observed Sharia law, I would respect that law. But I find it baffling why these protesters believe that the UK - a predominantly Judaeo-Christian country - would adopt an Islamic moral code that would control all areas of our society, from individual behaviour to the workings of our criminal justice system and financial institutions.
Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Case Study: SHARIA LAW

No comments:

Post a Comment