Monday, September 24, 2007

Dexter


Followed "Dexter" religiously throughout my sabbatical. An interesting twist on the TV detective genre, having the hero as a serial killer.
Dexter Morgan (played effectively by Michael C. Hall), is a forensics analyst specializing in bloodstain pattern analysis for the Miami Police Department. Dexter is also a serial killer, who polishes off those who escape the law.
I enjoyed the series, but I found it hard to root for our "hero". His victims may be unspeakably evil, but Dexter acting as judge, jury and executioner grated on me a bit. Also the identity of Dexter's main protagonist in the first series (the Ice Truck Killer) was a tad too easy to discover.
Still, I hear a second series is on its way and I'll be ready...
Dexter (UK official site)

No comments:

Post a Comment