Sunday, February 8, 2009

Meanwhile in North London (continued)....


Arsenal survives the first-half dismissal of Emmanuel Eboue (shortly after the departure of Emmanuel Adebayor to a hamstring injury), to earn a point against the Spuds in the north London derby at White Hart Lane.
Tottenham 0-0 Arsenal

In a previous post I've defended the shortcomings of Emmanuel Eboue. I would like to offer my apologies for doing so. Eboue's immaturity, petulance and lack of discipline made him a liability, and he let his team mates down today. I can't complain about Eboue's sending-off. The man should have his wages docked, followed by a very long spell in the reserves.

Now that I got that off my chest, this match wasn't a classic and neither team will be happy with this result. Arsenal stuck in fifth place and losing ground on Chelsea and Aston Villa, while the Spuds are still mired in the fight to avoid relegation (oh well, every cloud has a silver lining).

Yes Arsenal didn't play very well, but they got a deserved draw with 10 men. Overall though, I can't wait for this season to end. An overhaul of the team by Mr. Wenger is long overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment