Sunday, March 25, 2007

PS3?


I was excited at the opportunity of obtaining a Sony Playstation 3. I already have a PSP & PS2 (plus a Nintendo DS, GBA and Gameboy).

However....I'll be waiting until next year (at least) before I even consider buying a PS3. It looks great, but at the moment £425 (over $830) is just too steep a price (especially when you can reportedly purchase a PS3 for approximately £200 in Japan).

Also the graphics are supposedly superior if you're using an HDTV. Great - so that's at least another £600 - £700 for a decent 32" HDTV.
Then there's the issue of backwards compatibility - which PlayStation 2 games will work on the PS3?

Finally, while having a PS3 equipped with Blu-ray Disc (BD) sounds a good idea, I understand BD is in competition with HD DVD (high definition DVD) for supremacy as the next-gen, high-resolution DVD. So do I buy a PS3 and update my DVD collection by choosing BD? Or wait and see whether HD DVD is the dominating format? Or simply ignore both?

At this moment, I'm happy with what I have. Sorry PS3, but not even the new GTA game is enough of an incentive to fork out my hard-earned cash for you........

No comments:

Post a Comment