Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Because I got high...


A Canadian woman and her family has successfully sued the dealer who sold her an illegal street drug that put her in a coma.
Sandra Bergen, 23, suffered a heart attack that left her in a coma for 11 days and later developed a heart condition after taking crystal methamphetamine.
Ms Bergen is seeking $50,000 (£25,000) in compensation from Clinton Davey. Mr Davey refused to name his source of the drug, prompting the Saskatchewan judge to reject his statement of defence - that Ms Bergen had taken the drug voluntarily. A date for a hearing to determine damages has not been set.
"I sued him for negligence... for selling me drugs and getting me hooked when I was vulnerable," Ms Bergen told the French news agency AFP.
Canadian drug victim sues dealer

Errr....whatever happened to personal responsibility?

No comments:

Post a Comment