Thursday, November 20, 2008

Star Trek



Re: the new "Star Trek" movie.
Apparently Captain Kirk and the Enterprise crew are to be dramatically "sexed up". Also in an interview, the movie's director, J.J. Abrams (he of "Lost" fame) talked about the relationship between Kirk & Spock.

Er...excuse me? Star Trek V: The Final Frontier may have sucked as a flick, but it did stress the importance of the relationships between Kirk, Spock and McCoy. I know it sounds like I'm being picky, but the close friendship between the three men runs through the original series and the movies and it doesn't seem that Mr Abrams has done his homework.

Also reading about "sexed up" characters and an "edgy, hostile Spock" doesn't make me want to spend my cash on a cinema ticket (come to think of it, I'm getting tired of seeing well-loved characters from yesteryear being revamped with an "edgier"look for today's generation).
Sorry, but I'll wait for it to appear on Sky....
Internet Movie Database - Star Trek (2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment