Saturday, April 18, 2009

Gutted...

Chelski beat Arsenal 2-1 at Wembley to reach the FA Cup final.
Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea

What can I say? It bloody hurts to see Arsenal get this far, only to fall at the penultimate hurdle...and right now I just feel GUTTED!!!

Usually I don't criticize Arsène Wenger, but in my opinion he got his tactics and the team selection wrong. Yes, I know we still have the Champions League semi-final to come, and fourth place in the Premiership to secure, but bloody hell - this was the FA CUP SEMI-FINAL!! So why rest Arshavin, Nasri and Song??? Unless Wenger decided fourth place in the Prem and the European Cup are more important than the FA Cup. If that is the case, then I fear he miscalculated, because right now I'm seething.

But I'll still be watching the game against Liverpool and supporting the team next Tuesday. Today was a setback, but it's not the end of the world.
Just don't screw up like that again, Arsène...

PS: ordinarily I'd wish Chelski all the luck for the final, but the thought of this player getting a winner's medal sticks in my craw, to be honest....


No comments:

Post a Comment