Thursday, March 11, 2010

Meanwhile in North London (continued)....


5-0 to the Arsenal!

I was fearing a bad result against Porto, but Tuesday's result surpassed all my expectations - and after the weekend game against Burnley, it was nice to see Nicklas Bendtner being described as a clinical finisher. I still feel that if we face Man U, Barça (assuming they get past Stuttgart), or Chelski (if they survive the second coming of the "Special One" and Inter) in the latter stages of the Champions League, they will inevitably expose our defensive frailties, but I'll try being a positive Gooner instead for a change (and pray we avoid them in the quarter-finals).

As for Real Madrid losing to Lyon, let's just say I wasn't upset at the exit of a certain C Ronaldo Esq. Just goes to show that splashing out £240 million on the world's best players can't buy you the Champions League.

No comments:

Post a Comment