Thursday, April 21, 2011

What's going on?


Back in 2007, while commenting on the spate of murders among London's youth, I wrote the following on my Rotten Tomatoes blog:

WTF is going on? I read about these crimes and I just don't get it? Why the violence? Why must these young men die? I don't have any answers, but I fear for this younger generation....

Four years on:

Police are appealing for information after a serious assault on a 15-year-old boy in west London.
Appeal after boy, 15, assaulted in Kilburn

Detectives have renewed their appeal for information one week after a 15-year-old was stabbed to death.
Negus McClean murder: Appeal one week after stabbing

A third man has been remanded in custody charged with attempting to murder a five-year-old girl and a man in a shooting at a south London shop.
Stockwell shooting: Third man remanded after child shot


Mother, mother, there's too many of you crying
Brother, brother, brother, there's far too many of you dying
You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here today, hey

(Marvin Gaye - What's Going On)

No comments:

Post a Comment