Friday, April 14, 2006

Health warning on booze...


The government is currently negotiating with the drinks industry over health warnings on alcohol and in places where it is sold.
I admit being sceptical when I heard about this on the TV news. Putting a health warning on ciggies hasn't killed off the smoking industry, and a health warning won't stop me from having the odd tipple now and then (before people complain, I do not drink to excess).
But our leaders have to do something, I guess. Up to a quarter of adults in Britain are binge drinkers, according to a survey of 2,000 people last year.
Still it's ironic that this government is pushing for health warnings, when it was also them who relaxed the Licensing laws, introducing 24-hour drinking last year.
Health warnings for drinks cans

No comments:

Post a Comment