Saturday, April 3, 2010

Doctor Who (continued)...




And so a new era begins for our favourite Timelord, with Matt Smith at the helm.
First impressions: not bad - quirky, alien, and bonkers, just like always! I'm still a bit worried that this Doctor and his companion (Karen Gillan) might be too young for their roles, but last night was a good start for Mr Smith.

As for Ms Gillan as Matt's sidekick Amy Pond - a kissogram girl for the Doctor's assistant? That's going to upset the Mary Whitehouse elements...and yet for all the intended shock value, I feel the jury is still out on her character.

What I didn't like:

Sorry, but I preferred the previous Tardis decor - and the new Tardis controls look as if it was designed by crackheads gone wild - it should have been left alone. Also I thought the new opening titles were naff. Dear BBC - if it ain't broken, don't fix it...

Still - welcome back, Doctor!
BBC Doctor Who - The Official Site

No comments:

Post a Comment