Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3/07/11 Fishing with the family

Took out my mother and sister today. They arrived at 7am at my house and after a short discussion on where to fish we decided to go over to Patterson La and fish the Bayou Teche. Even with all the rain the water color is a little murky on the western side but if you head toward Morgan City it clears up. First stop was the second bridge. This is a great place to fish especially in the early spring due to the fact that the water is deeper here. My sister was the first to put a fish in the boat. With in her first 2 cast she caught a bass and a brim rite next to the pilings with a jig #1050. She missed a few more and neither myself or
my mother had a bite. The fish were holding directly beside pilings towards the center of the bayou. Next stop was about a half mile down on the left side around the bend. I managed to pick up 3 nice bass on a crawfish color crank bait. My sister caught another bass and a few brim, we ended up finishing the morning here. Total for the day was 7 bass, a couple brim. I dropped them off at 12 at my house, due to the fact they were cold and I decided to head to Lake Fausse point. I put down at Marshfeild and headed toward the barrow pits along the Levee rite out of Texaco canal. The water actually was not that bad considering all the rain. I managed to catch 3 nice bass, one being 3lbs. I started off fishing for some pan fish with again the #1050 Becky jig and in doing so I got a hit on the cork by what seemed like a bass. I switched over to top water and on the 3rd cast I landed the 3 pounder. After a couple more non producing cast switched over to a brush hog, camo color, texas rigged and caught 2 more bass about 15 inches a piece. On the way back from the barrow pits I stopped at the mouth of the opening of TWIN ponds, a pond on the rite after you turn rite from the texaco canal once you enter the barrow pit along the levee. I ended up catching a few sacaulait, mostly small and some really nice brim, all and all considering the conditions not a bad day. If your heading out to do some fishing I would not count out Lake Fausse point. The water is decent towards the Levee. If you decide to cross the lake, Grand Avoylee Cove near Charenton even with the water muddy should produce some bass, I would throw a blue and black jig rite against the cypress trees on the West side. But if you don't mind the travel I would put my money on Bayou Teche in Patterson.

No comments:

Post a Comment